There is a weird error that I have gotten in AEM6's Package Manager when I try to install a package that contained users and groups. I am not sure if it's a bug or a new feature.

 

I created a package that contained CQ groups and users. I built the package, downloaded, and uploaded to my other AEM6 instance, and clicked install. I then received the error message as below:

Error

I checked my package, and found that the "rep:principalName" exists on the nodes' XML files. See below:

XML

I continued my investigation. I did a couple trial and error and found that when I removed "cq:ReplicationStatus" from all the nodes' Mixins, rebuilt the package, downloaded, uploaded, and installed, it works as expected.

Note that this issue only occurred when a package contained CQ groups and/or users.

Hope you don't need to go through a bunch of trial and error to fix this issue as I did.

Enjoy!